Houzz Announces Best Of Houzz 2017 Winners Lee Brothers Construction is proud to receive Best of Houzz for 2017, now having won the award in two consecutive years. We would like to thank all …Read Some More
Roof Installation & Replacement
Whether a storm has damaged your roof or it has just reached the end of its natural life, a roof replacement is a home project most owners go through at least once. Lee Brothers Construction is capable of replacing your roof without any hassles to you.
On the flip side, if you are constructing a new home and you’re in the roof selection process, Lee Brothers’ roof installation skills are second to none. We offer the following roof installation services:
- Composition Roofs
- Metal Roofs
- Flat Roofs
- Tile and Slate Roofs
Read some more about each of these types of roofs below. We’ve compared advantages and disadvantages of each type of roof so you can make informed decisions on your roof replacement or new roof installation.
These are the most common roofs for homes. Typically made from an asphalt composite, these shingles are easily installed on your home.
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Can be applied to any style of home
- Inexpensive compared to other roofing styles
- Most incorporate fire-resistant materials
- Easy roof repair – simply exchange the damaged shingle
- The asphalt makes the shingles waterproof
- Humid climates can make composition roofs susceptible to moss & mildew
- Vulnerable to wind and ice
Metal roofs can be made from a variety of metals; steel, aluminum, and copper are the most popular.
- Typically lasts as long as the house itself
- Water, fire, mildew, insect, rot resistant
- Quick roof installation
- Mid-day heat is reflected off the house to keep the inside cool
- More expensive (listed from least to most: steel, aluminum, copper)
- Rain, wind & other noises can seem amplified (although some see this as a welcomed white noise)
- Large hail can easily dent
Whether you’re designing your new home or stumbled upon this one in your home-buying search, a flat roof lays completely parallel to the ground (though level, of course).
- Less surface area means less cost
- Easy to inspect and hang lights
- Rare leaks
- Can’t withstand snow (good thing this is Huntsville and it doesn’t snow too much!)
- Requires more inspection for standing water and debris
- Annual maintenance to ensure seal is still in tact
Tile and Slate Roofs
This is the Cadillac of roofing. Its exquisite look is equally matched to its quality. A slate tiled roof is going to be an investment for most, but a good investment at that.
- Naturally beautiful
- Slate is naturally available in many colors
- Hand shaped to fit your style and design
- Last 100 years
- Water, mold, mildew resistant
- Environmentally friendly choice – 100 year life means no roof materials in the landfill every 20 years
- Amateurs should not walk on slate
- Easily breakable
- Difficult to find a perfect match to replace
- Additional reinforcement is sometimes necessary to support the heavy weight of the tile
- Most expensive roofing option
Altogether, Lee Brothers Construction is happy to help you with your roof installation in Huntsville and the surrounding areas. If you have questions on the types of roofing offered, please contact us today.